This Policy explains how we treat personal information we collect both online and offline, which includes information submitted through our websites and/or apps, via phone or email interactions you have with Lysted (collectively "Services").
Our Privacy Notice has been designed with your interest in mind. How the notice applies to you will depend on the way in which you interact with us. For example, if you:
- List a ticket with us, we will use the information you provide us to fulfill our obligations to you in delivering that service, and where permitted, keep you up to date about matters that may be of interest to you; and
We may amend this privacy notice at any time by posting the amended version on this site including the effective date of the amended version. We will announce any material changes to this privacy notice through the Service or via email.
Personal Information We Collect
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information relating to a natural person who uses our service. A natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical or social identity of that natural person.
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you:
- use our Services
- register for an account with us
- provide us information on a web form through our site
- or in the context of promotions (including prize draws)
- update or add information to your account
- or when you otherwise correspond with us.
Some of this personal information, provides us with a method to identify you, to enable your use of the Services or to process a transaction per our “User Agreement” or “Terms & Conditions” associated with the Services a user is accessing. The provision of other personal information is voluntary, but may be necessary, in order to use our Services.
We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, business seller information, or tax identification number when you register for an account with us.
- Information you provide us when creating a profile on Lysted, events you will be attending or have attended based on your pricing and/or listings on Lysted ("My Activity"); your favorite artists, shows, teams, venues, genres or any other event-related interests based on your pricing or listings.
- Buying, or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as viewing events, tickets, pricing, and/or attempting a listing).
- Financial information (such as credit card, debit card, or PayPal or bank account information) in connection with a transaction.
- Postage, shipping, billing and other information used to purchase or send an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- In some instances, when you use our Services, you may provide age, gender, interests and favorite events.
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise communicate with us.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
Personal information collected from other sources
- We supplement the personal information we collect directly with information collected from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we collect and use demographic and other information that is publicly available in an applicable jurisdiction, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws
- We allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we can share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw authorization or connection to the social media site. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
How we use your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on our sites, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to legal bases we use your personal information, such as:
We use your personal information to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customize site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, postal mail, and via mobile push notifications.
- When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use autodialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages as described in our User Agreement and as authorized by applicable law. Message and data rates may apply.
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- We use general location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content).
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities and/or otherwise comply with regulatory requirements.
- To enforce our User Agreement, this privacy notice, or other policies.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests while balancing and keeping your rights and freedoms in mind. These are some examples:
- Personalize, measure, improve our Services and develop new Services.
- Personalize, measure, and improve our content and advertising based on your advertising customization preferences.
- Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law.
- Contact you about public policy matters, or other current events, related to your ability to use our Services. This could include an invitation to join a petition, letter writing, call or other sort of public policy related campaigns.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates).
- Measure performance
- Monitor and improve the information security of our site and mobile applications.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with marketing, notifications or price alerts based on your preferences via telephone calls, email, SMS or text.
- Provide you with marketing from third parties.
- Use your geo-location to provide location based services.
- Use your sensitive personal information to facilitate transactions in certain categories.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
You can control your email communication preferences within My Account.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you received, change your Notification Preferences within My Account, indicate your communication preferences using the method described within the direct communication from us or contact us as described in the Contact Us section below. Keep in mind, we do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, or through the programs described in Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalized advertising, but it will still allow the collection of personal information as otherwise described in this privacy notice. We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes, without your consent.
If you elect to sync your Facebook profile and/or your address book with your Lysted account, you will automatically see your friends’ activities (e.g. if they attended or are attending an event) and their Favorites in your My Activity feed and vice versa. You can disable the automatic friending feature and your sharing preferences (including choosing to share or not share certain elements within your My Activity feed) in your account settings.
Staying Signed in
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we give you the option to stay signed in to your account for certain amount of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services to protect your account and your personal information.
Ways you can access, control, and correct your personal information
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request.
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
Access, correction, and deletion of your personal information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate. We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this privacy notice and our User Agreement.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable laws.
How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We attempt to minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
Lysted Business Partners
- We may share certain identification data, and other personal information about your transaction that may include personal data, with business partners when such disclosure is deemed necessary in order for Lysted to offer you or for you to be able to use the Services. For example, we may share this kind of information with partner teams, venues, artists, leagues or other third parties involved in the event for which you sell or buy a ticket
- With your consent, we may share your personal data with business partners that request it in order to provide you with a better experience when using our Services or the services of the business partner (including their independent marketing purposes subject to their privacy policies).
Service Providers and financial institutions partners as follows:
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customized advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, co-branded credit cards and other business operations.
- Third party shipping providers (e.g., DHL, UPS, USPS, etc.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased and other delivery related communications.
- Third party providers of websites, applications, services and tools that we cooperate with so that they can publish or advertise your listings and their content on their websites or in their applications, services and tools. If we transfer personal information along with the content of your listings to third party providers, this will be solely on the basis of an agreement limiting use by the third-party provider of such personal information to processing necessary to fulfil their contract with us and obligating the third-party provider to take security measures with regard to such data. Third party providers are not permitted to sell, lease or in any other way transfer the personal information included in your listings to third parties.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law
- To comply with our legal requirements, enforce our User Agreement, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and listing and sales and purchase history.
- To credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file).
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- To third parties in response to a legitimate and verified legal complaint.
Other Lysted users as authorized by you or your use of our Services
- When necessary, sellers may receive information about you necessary to complete the transaction, to provide box office services or to ensure you access to the venue, such as your name, email address, contact details, shipping and billing address, or other information. Buyers may see information about the seller in certain cases, e.g. where included as a return address on the ticket shipment.
- The other user receiving your information may only use it for purposes related to the transaction. Unless you have consented to receive marketing from them, they should not contact you for marketing purposes.
- Contacting users with unwanted or threatening messages is a violation of our User Agreement.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
Pixels are small blocks of code on webpages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage and typically they are used in connection with cookies.
We may use technologies like cookies, pixels, and local storage (like on your browser or device, which is similar to a cookie but holds more information) to provide and understand a range of products and services. Such technologies are used for the following purposes and needs:
make Lysted easier or faster to use; enable features and store information about you (including on your device or in your browser cache) and your use of Lysted; deliver, understand and improve advertising; monitor and understand the use of our services; and to protect you, others and Lysted.
How we protect your Personal Information
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Data Controllers and Data Protection Officers
Your data controller for the Services is Lysted, Inc. located at 23901 Calabasas Road, Suite 2009, Calabasas, California 91302. Your data controller is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance, this privacy notice, as well as any applicable laws. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the U.S.
Note to Parents and Children's Privacy
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of children. Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we ask that they not use the Website. We do not purposefully or knowingly solicit or collect any information – including Personal Information – from children under the age of 13. We expect all information provided by online users to be truthful and correct regarding age.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, the parent or guardian should contact us, and we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This privacy notice addresses only our use and handling of personal information we collect from you, in connection with providing you our Services. If you disclose your information to a third party, or visit a third-party website via a link from our Services, their privacy notices and practices will apply to any personal information you provide to them or they collect from you.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your personal information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are bidders, buyers or sellers on our site.
Review or Request Changes to Your Personal Information & Retention of your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Information we collect is maintained as submitted by you to us, so that our records reflect your information for its intended purposes, which may include customer correspondence, compliance and legal considerations, auditing, security and fraud prevention, and preserving or defending our rights.
To update, correct and/or request to remove your Personal Information, please contact us:
We will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes to your information that we hold as soon as practicable. You may cancel or modify any communications you have elected to receive, such as emails, newsletters, etc., by following the unsubscribe instructions contained within the applicable communication medium.
Non-United States Data Protection Laws
Rights of EU Data Subjects
The European Union (EU) data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) give individuals in the EU more control over their Personal Information and regulate businesses that store Personal Information.
If the processing of your Personal Information is subject to the GDPR, whenever we use or share your Personal Information, we ensure that we have identified a legal basis under which such processing may occur. As described in more detail in the How We Use the Information We Collect section above, when we use your Personal Information in connection with a request, order, transaction, or to provide you with services that you requested (such as the use of the Website or App or to register for events), we do this because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you.
Furthermore, to the extent the GDPR is implicated, where we use your Personal Information in relation to improvement, development, or marketing of our products or services, for reasons of safety and security or to satisfy regulatory requirements, of the United States, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a "data subject access request").
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you (though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us).
- Request erasure of your Personal Information:
- Where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law
- Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which you will be notified of, if applicable, at the time of your request
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental right and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios:
- (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- (c) where you need to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the unlawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You will not have to pay a fee access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request id clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
In order to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us using the information provided in the How to Contact Us section. Please put the statement "GDPR Privacy Rights" in the subject line of your request and include your name, country or region, and enough information to allow us to respond to your request on the body of your email.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure that Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate request within a reasonable time period, generally one month, depending on the complexity of the request.
For our users located in the European Union or the European Economic Area, if you feel that, after reaching out to us with your question or concerns, you have not received a satisfactory response, you have the option to contact your country’s Data Protection Authority ("DPA") or similar regulatory body. To find contact information for your country's DPA or similar body, please refer the list provided on the website of the European Commission.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents can request from a business with whom you have an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information. More specifically, pursuant to California Consumer Privacy Act, Section 1798.100 et seq. of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to (1) know what personal data is collected from them (2) Know whether their personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom (3) Say “No” to the sale of personal data (4) Access their personal data (5) Request a business to delete any personal information about a consumer collected from that consumer and (6) not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights. To request a copy of the information disclosure, please write to us at our contact page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question or a complaint about this privacy notice, or our information handling practices, you can reach us via email or write to us at: Lysted, Inc. 23901 Calabasas Road, Suite 2009, Calabasas, California 91302, Attn: Legal. You can also find more information on our contact us page.